Best place/price for buying Allbrites?

Guest deleted

Guest diesel_jim

As it says, i think i need a new one (although have to swap it with a spare first to see if it's the motor or the solenoid)

But where is the cheapest place to get one thesedays? Allbrite solenoid that is... 12v.

J.

I'm using the chinese version of allbright. Looks identical and no performance issues so far. FirstFour sell them for 45 inc VAT IIRC.

These sealed solenoids ship as standard with the EP9 and I haven't heard of any issues with them so far.

Steve

I'm using the chinese version of allbright. Looks identical and no performance issues so far. FirstFour sell them for 45 inc VAT IIRC.

These sealed solenoids ship as standard with the EP9 and I haven't heard of any issues with them so far.

Steve

IIRC Simon R had a test or two on the chinese one and gave them the green light, might be worth a search to see exactly what he said.

Guest diesel_jim

Just took the solenoid off the other winch, and it's the motor thats duff.... :angry:

And i've just rebuilt the damn thing, with a couple of new brushes and a good clean out...

Back to the workbench then.... :rolleyes:

Guest diesel_jim

OK, i've got the winch motor off again now....

Can anyone remember what the cables are you connect to "test" the winch without using the solenoid? i did a search on google and couldn't find much.

obviously 0v (earth) goes to the "chassis" of the motor, but do you short the single terminal (at the RH end of the motor) to one of the "twin" ones, and then apply 12v to that?

EG....

o-1

........... o-2

o-3

connect 1 & 2 to go in one direction, then 3 & 2 to go t'other?

I've tried that and the thing spins the same direction both times.

or is it 1&3 then 1&2? or 3&1 and 3&2?

or is my motor just bu@@ered? :rolleyes:

If so... an amemdment to the thread title......

"best place/price for buying warn motors"..... i don't need something as big as Will is getting (the 7hp ones) but a 4.6 would be tidy... :D

Thanking y'all!

Guest diesel_jim
From memory, short 1 and 2 and apply 12V to 3 for one direction, short 3 and 2 and apply 12V to 1 for the other direction...

excellent! cheers mark!