your opinions please

gav-

i have a 200tdi disco which i want to turn into a greenlaner and tow vehicle. its got an ome 2" lift on it, already but whilst i sort out all the problem bits on it, i want to fiqure out in which direction i am heading. (and also put my order in for the tyres, as i believe there may be a back log of them)

option 1.

235 insa turbos on rr vogue alloys with wheel spacers

or

265 insa turbos on rr vogue alloys.

has to be rr vogue alloys as i have 11 of them sitting around and want to use them for something!

i want the car to have a square stance(similar to lrm project disco), i am going to fab some tubular bumpers up front and rear.

I know its not a ground breaking decision, but any advice and pics would help me make up my mind.

cheers

i apologise if youve seen this post on another forum, i just want to get as much info before i purchase

What sort of profile are you looking at? 235/85 is a common size on defenders (~33" diameter) but if you want to use the motor as a tow car you will need to do something with the gearing.

I run 255/70's and even they are a bit big for the transfer box. They also need a little bit of trimming to the wheel arches, but they look like this:

discoonsalisburyplaintripsmall.jpg

Let us know what sort of profile you were thinking of, as it makes a big difference.

Cheers

Mark