Camping in France this summer

Landyandy

Hi, we are thinking of camping in France this summer. Because we have never been I thought I would ask if anyone has any recomendations of any good camp sites over there. We have two children 4 and 12. Thinking of going in the summer holidays. Maybe southern France. Is it best to book in advance or take a chance to find a site when we get there? etc.

Thanks.

Andy.

Try to get yourself an Alan Rogers camping book - George and I toured round last summer, finding a site each evening. Sites in the Rogers book are quite infrequent but you're guaranteed a good shower and pitch at each. We found a few of note that weren't in his book, but rather more with very .. ahem .. "French" facilities too. For a decent nights kip we'd head for a Rogers site and he didn't let us down except for one, which had become a motorway toll plaza.