Spray Guns

smo

I'm looking for an HVLP spray gun to paint my chassis, axles and other bits with - can anyone reccomend a suitible setup?

I gather Devilbiss is good, but they seem to have many options and models all of which baffle a noob to spraying like myself, also is it best to go suction type or gravity fed?

I'm looking for an HVLP spray gun to paint my chassis, axles and other bits with - can anyone reccomend a suitible setup?

I gather Devilbiss is good, but they seem to have many options and models all of which baffle a noob to spraying like myself, also is it best to go suction type or gravity fed?

[/quote

Hvlp take alot more air than a normal spray gun. Some need no less than a 4 hp compressor

I would go for something like the spray gun in machine mart

model pgf14 gravity fed

page 141

priced at £31.71 inc vat

• 2 weeks later...

If I were you, I would use a JGA gun, which is the nicest to use and gives a great spray pattern, and simply turn the pressure down to suit. The problem i have found with low pressure guns is they are not as controllable, and you can end up putting on more material than needed.

They offer a JGA with a built in pressure reducer in the handle, if your compressor is non adjustable.

Good luck. :unsure:

If I were you, I would use a JGA gun, which is the nicest to use and gives a great spray pattern, and simply turn the pressure down to suit. The problem i have found with low pressure guns is they are not as controllable, and you can end up putting on more material than needed.

They offer a JGA with a built in pressure reducer in the handle, if your compressor is non adjustable.

Good luck. :unsure:

Ah cool, thanks for the advice, i can control the pressure on the compresser so thats not a problem, i shall watch ebay for a decenyt JGA :)