Battery Question

siearl

The 110 runs two batteries, the main one which goes where it should and the Aux to run the work lights, spots etc. This is wired to a fuse and relay board in the back. In order to protect it all the incoming goes through a fuse before anywhere else now as soon as you are putting a fuse in it is blowing it. I had it up to 30 and the fuse was still just going bang. I have checked between the fuse and the Aux battery and there is nothing wrong with the wiring, could this be the battery on the way out.

Cheers

The 110 runs two batteries, the main one which goes where it should and the Aux to run the work lights, spots etc. This is wired to a fuse and relay board in the back. In order to protect it all the incoming goes through a fuse before anywhere else now as soon as you are putting a fuse in it is blowing it. I had it up to 30 and the fuse was still just going bang. I have checked between the fuse and the Aux battery and there is nothing wrong with the wiring, could this be the battery on the way out.

Cheers

Hi checked work lights, spots etc more likeit is there and the battery.

Cheers

More likely to be a dead short after the fuse... i.e. where it runs to the spots, work lights etc etc.

You could substitue the fuse that keeps blowing for a headlamp bulb (two lengths of wire and a headlamp bulb - just make sure you use the correct pins on the bulb) if you put the bulb in instead of the fuse and it lights then you have a direct short. Leave the bulb in the circuit (and where you can see it) and move all the additional wiring looking for faults. As soon as you move some wiring and the bulb goes out, you have found where the fault is. ;)

Ian