Maxidrive Portals.

I have some sad news for the many hundreds of you out there queing up to shell out 10,000 quid to fit Maxidrive portals to your Landeys. Apparently for legal indemnity reasons, should a vehicle so equipped be involved in a serious accident, regardless of whether or not the portals were a contributing factor, MD has decided to discontinue production.

Bill.

I have some sad news for the many hundreds of you out there queing up to shell out 10,000 quid to fit Maxidrive portals to your Landeys. Apparently for legal indemnity reasons, should a vehicle so equipped be involved in a serious accident, regardless of whether or not the portals were a contributing factor, MD has decided to discontinue production.

Bill.

More like they did not sell that many to make it worth their while :D

After talking to Mal they seem to make most of the thier money out of Racing land rovers stuff and not Off road winch comp Land Rover stuff

More like they did not sell that many to make it worth their while :D

After talking to Mal they seem to make most of the thier money out of Racing land rovers stuff and not Off road winch comp Land Rover stuff

Replacement halfshafts and driveflanges for Defenders aside, very few of the products Maxidrive make could be called high volume mass produced items, and I suspect there would have been sufficient customers among wealthier international enthusiasts ( where I believe most sales went to)to to keep the portals in production.

Bill.