Falcon Predator MK2 in a Defender 1991

Guest diesel_jim

I fitted a similar alarm into my Tdi 90 when i built it.

as i had all the bulkhead apart, and the wiring in front of me, it was pretty easy to install and make it look like a factory unit.

i even grafted it into the spider immobiliser (after re-working the spider board a bit) so it all looks factory.

although, in a defender, there is only one way to stop the engine from starting, and that can be easily overcome.

the disabling of the starter circuit is ok i suppose, but a Tdi will bump start easily, and on flat ground one bloke can push a rover to get enough momentum to bump start (well, i can anyway :lol: ), so really not worth the hassle of trying to immobilise the starter IMO, although i expect it'll need to be done to meet the thatcham standards.

sounds ludecris (sp?) really when you can open 90/110 doors with any key you happen to have!

IMO, far better to have an alarm then makes loads of noise, with those "sound bombs" inside the cab to make any potential thiefs' ears bleed! :D