disco 2

BadBob

Hi all I went and did it disco2 on drive defender for sale :unsure: was pleased for a week think it should do what i need it for but big problem help needed it leaks badly does anybody know of possable reasons/cures is this usual it seems to be from sun roof but hard to tell as roof lineing is full looks like it dosent like it's new life outside on drive was kept in garage before any idea's please

Hi all I went and did it disco2 on drive defender for sale :unsure: was pleased for a week think it should do what i need it for but big problem help needed it leaks badly does anybody know of possable reasons/cures is this usual it seems to be from sun roof but hard to tell as roof lineing is full looks like it dosent like it's new life outside on drive was kept in garage before any idea's please

Hello Bob,

when i bought my D2 i had exactly the same problem, "it rained it leaked badly".

The first thing i done was to seal the sun roof with duck tape from glass to paint this will take about three strips all round.

This i thought will tell me if it`s the sunroof leaks, however next time it rained it still leaked. The water seemed to gather where the roof first slopes from the rear and dripped into the bootspace.

Now i knew my problem was somewhere else, so i sealed the alpine windows in the same way and hey presto no more leaks. Then it was just a case of sealing the Alpine windows with clear silicone all the way round and iv`e not had a leak since.

I am lead to believe that this is quite a common problem and the sunroof drain also blocks easily.

Hope this will be of use to you it worked for me :D .

FOXMINER.

I had a D2, and it leaked like a seive!

The front sunroof has the worst design imaginable. If the seal is 100% then it might be ok, but it can also leak between the frame and the roof. If it does let water in, the drains are attached to plastic blocks which also leak. Same can apply to the rear roof also.

If you still want to use the sunroof, smear some vaseline onto the seal for a temp repair. If you are not bothered, seal it up with silicone.

Also, my D2 leaked from the windscreen, and the door seals.

Hello Bob,

when i bought my D2 i had exactly the same problem, "it rained it leaked badly".

The first thing i done was to seal the sun roof with duck tape from glass to paint this will take about three strips all round.

This i thought will tell me if it`s the sunroof leaks, however next time it rained it still leaked. The water seemed to gather where the roof first slopes from the rear and dripped into the bootspace.

Now i knew my problem was somewhere else, so i sealed the alpine windows in the same way and hey presto no more leaks. Then it was just a case of sealing the Alpine windows with clear silicone all the way round and iv`e not had a leak since.

I am lead to believe that this is quite a common problem and the sunroof drain also blocks easily.

Hope this will be of use to you it worked for me :D .

FOXMINER.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your replies, will give your sugestions a try! Also could you tell me where the drains are and where they lead to please,

Regards BadBob