WANT ONE...

nathanmonkey

wow what a great thread ill be print alot of this stuff off and takeing it with me when i restart looking for a classic , ive looked at three ebay so called minters and some far its been a waste of time but it wont stop me from finding one

My experience so far has been overall positive but I have heard from the odd member in passing that rust can be a problem :)

Mine is not a problem - its a way of life! as the rust is extensive where you cannot see it. This results in damp carpets, rotten floors, inner wings, door ends and rear floor. From the outside (its white - ex LR works vehicle) mine appears quite presentable. This is the danger as they hide the scars very well

RRC rust in places that most cars do not and generally do not rust where most cars do. This is mainly due to the alloy panels fitted to protect the rusts inner panels and off road use causing mud to accumulate in lots of cavities that LR should have thought about protecting.

If all you want is an off road play toy then none of this matters. If however you want a vehicle that you can fettle and bring up to a good standard then expect to spend a lot of time getting it up to your own standard of condition which is unfortunately what i am trying to do. Of course then you won't want to take it off road with is defeating the object.

Go for it as they are a great part of our motoring heritage - mine has done 180,000 miles and although the drive-train is a bit tired, at 70MPH it is still incredibly comfortable and refined, thats testament to its all round abilities.