Leyland roadrunner gearbox

66gaza

Does anyone know for definite if this spicer 5 speed is the gearbox that was used on a Leyland Roadrunner.

If it is does anyone know of a cheap flywheel & clutch to fit it to a Cummins (SAE 3) ? which I think was the engine that it was attached to.

Gaza

?

Does anyone know for definite if this spicer 5 speed is the gearbox that was used on a Leyland Roadrunner.

If it is does anyone know of a cheap flywheel & clutch to fit it to a Cummins (SAE 3) ? which I think was the engine that it was attached to.

Gaza

?

I will have a look at one tomorrow as we have a few old leyland trucks in the yard but the bell housing looks to shallow and the gear shift does not look right to me.

Thirsty

I have just checked in the yard and our Leyland trucks have a diffrent selector setup, I think the box you have is off something like a Leyland Landmaster.(Long bonnet and gear stick straight up through the floor).

Hi thanks for the replies, I know the bellhousing is shallow on the box but it is SAE3 the same as the bellhousing/flywheel adapter on the engine. What I need really is a flywheel & clutch. The I/P shaft is 1.5" 10 spline, I am toying with the idea of puting it behind a cumins so any more help would be appreciated.

Gaza