head lining

westcoastlandy

If you can locate the steel strengthening ribs that run across the roof (there are 3 or 4 IIRC) you could use short self tapping screws to hold the headlining up. The ribs have about a cm of clearance to the actual roof so plenty of room to screw into.If injecting glue it would have to be on these ribs as the lining doesn't come close to the roof anywhere else.

hey

i have bought a disco out in aus.

i have the windows down to keep cool in this head but the head lining

seems to have sagged.

any ideas of fixing the problem?

i thiought of spraying glue through a small hole will a wd-40 straw

or

using a needel to inject glue up

cheers

cam

don't think that glue will solve your problem unless you get it spot on the cross member.

this photo might help

Regards

Lawrence

post-892-1192092789_thumb.jpg

It would be of great help if you give a dimension of how far back from the windscreen the cross member is. Is the vehicle in the same state of build or has it come along since the picture was taken?

I wanted to get a dimension of how far back that cross strut on the roof so I can mount my old Defender overhead roof console up there.

Thx.

S.

It would be of great help if you give a dimension of how far back from the windscreen the cross member is. Is the vehicle in the same state of build or has it come along since the picture was taken?

I wanted to get a dimension of how far back that cross strut on the roof so I can mount my old Defender overhead roof console up there.

Thx.

S.

IIRC it is located where the roof line rises but in any case I strongly recommend pulling lining down to be sure where it is on yours

Yes well finished.. See http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=12075

and

Visit My Website