stub axles

alfredenewman

:( 88 rrc i have now welded front diff and refitted it and had a very good deal with fridgefreezer for some defender front free wheel hubs which i am going to fit to allow me to drive 2wd on the road i now need to source the correct stub shafts bearing in mind speed [i want to go to woodlands next week end] any one know part nos and or source thanks in advance

:( 88 rrc i have now welded front diff and refitted it and had a very good deal with fridgefreezer for some defender front free wheel hubs which i am going to fit to allow me to drive 2wd on the road i now need to source the correct stub shafts bearing in mind speed [i want to go to woodlands next week end] any one know part nos and or source thanks in advance

i am refering to stub shafts not axles why is it put me in front of a key board and my brain disingages

is u on about the rrc stubb shats (fit on the outside of the cv about 8 inches long) or dya need defender ones

no im refering to the shaft that goes into the cv like a very short half shaft simmilar to the kam fusible stub shafts what i dont know is does any rover have the 8in shaft splined at both ends one end for cv other end for fwhub or do i have to fit defender hubs shafts cvs etc with the shaft part of the cv any imfo greatly appreciated as only been toying with rovers for two years after 35 in the motor trade and boy have i missed out thanks in advance

Looking through the parts list

RR stub has a cup shape flange on the outer end and spline inboard.

Defeneder has spline outer end but appears to be part of the CV joint.

Looks to me like you may need to have something machined.

Steve

ive welded it in stead fiting a diff locker on road i will use rwd only with free wheelhubs the welded diff will not affect the steering off road i have a choice 2 3 or 4 wheel drive on hard ground i will probably use 3wd as the steering will not be affected onlooser conditions mud etc 4wd i will probably get abit of under steer i have done it before on a suzuki and had no probs

it would be the better optiom to fit lsd orlocker but i did the whole job for under 100 quid the lsd or locker w :( ould have been 5 times that theres a lot of beer tokens inbetween the two if i was competing i would fit lockers but just for fun i cant justify it and my mates wont keep me in beer when im skint cheers