Removing the Pulsair System

What are the pros & cons of removing the Pulsair system from my 3.5 V8 (15G prefix, running on Strombergs) ?

I know that the blanking plugs can be got from Craddocks, etc. What does removal do to performance ? Emissions ? Will I need to re-tune after removal ?

Any advice gratefully received - thanks.

I removed mine from a 110 running SU's. Opinion at the time was that it was some attempt by Land Rover to meet/improve emissions and that removing would be a positive step!!

Just rip it all out and blank any inlets where it connects to the air intake system. In the cylinder head you can blank off the plugs either by welding them up (the plugs that is - having removed them first ;) ) or you can buy some bolts to block the holes off.

There is a guy on the V8 owners forum who sells the plugs. In fact someone on there has just asked the same question, so all details are at the top of the exhaust, fuel and intake topics.

You may have to retune, but it will probably be easier because the engine is likely to run better :lol:.