fault code help needed

rob90

Hi

Ok just picked the P38 up from having LPG installed and the installer advised me that it was recording fault code p1158 it also showed that it it was taking 0.05g of air and 1.20 g at full throtel so im sumising that the air flow meter is the problem.

what do you think?

But the car is running fine and if I do change it it will require the gas re-programming although this is no bother as I can have it done foc during my 1000 mile service.

is it worth bothering with?

Hi

Ok just picked the P38 up from having LPG installed and the installer advised me that it was recording fault code p1158 it also showed that it it was taking 0.05g of air and 1.20 g at full throtel so im sumising that the air flow meter is the problem.

what do you think?

But the car is running fine and if I do change it it will require the gas re-programming although this is no bother as I can have it done foc during my 1000 mile service.

is it worth bothering with?

Yes,cos its probably the gas causing the problem.P1158 is RH bank Oxygen sensor problem with switching lean,ie - the RH bank is not varying the injector pulse width to make the Oxygen sensor switch properly.Trouble is the engine ECU will log the fault not knowing wether it is running on petrol or LPG - it just knows its not right.I'd get it sorted.

If your Gas man read the code,the only simple thing to do is to get him to clear the code and promise to drive on petrol for a week.If the code does not reappear then it is highly likely to be an LPG problem.I have to say that if the system is set up and working properly,most modern sequential systems should be able to,A - fuel the engine properly,and B - do it well enough not to load up the petrol ecu with fault codes.

Does your gas man use an oscilliscope to set up the system.Plus a diagnostic computer to monitor the short term fuel trims ? (He should)

Ally thanks for youre quick responce,

He does use both oscilliscope and diagnostic to set the system up and to be fair he said he pulled the fault code before he started the install,

the reason I used this guy is he came recomened from a very trusted garage i know quiet well who has about 2-3 systems fitted a month, the gas man says he gets this reading on nearly all the P38s he does and steered me along the lines of just leaving it as is but id prefer it to be right its a fault code for a reason??

I will get the code cleared and run and petrol and see what the state of play is

thanks for youre help I will let you konw

A little more info and yet more advise,

OK when im driving along on LPG and stop the engine like the other day when i poped into the newsagents for a paper, when I tried to restart on petrol it started fine but when I tried to pull off the revs fell away and stalled this happened a good few times I ended up using left foot breaking and reving to get going runs fine on lpg and starts a runs well on petrol from cold or rested do you think this is a maniferstation of the oxygen sensor or ????

I fear the sensor might need to be changed where will i find this sensor?

thnks

rob