V8 90 Technical Help

I did a bit more work on the 90 yesterday, including waxoiling the chassis - what a foul job and took at long longer as the gun kept clogging up due to the cold.

None of my propshafts fit so I'm assuming the box is in the wrong place. The chassis was a D reg 90 2.5Td and none of the mounts were repositioned so not sure what to do really - perhaps get Prop Tech to modify the props for me.

I've managed to get the broken stud removed from one of the manifolds and replaced so both manifolds are ready for cleaning up now.

I took a photo for you all to see how far I've got. It's low at the back due to no springs being on it yet.

post-5526-1194767883_thumb.jpg

None of my propshafts fit so I'm assuming the box is in the wrong place. The chassis was a D reg 90 2.5Td and none of the mounts were repositioned so not sure what to do really - perhaps get Prop Tech to modify the props for me.

The holes in the chassis for the gearbox mounts are in the same place on all 90/110, the engine mounts are in drifferent places depending on the engine fitted. To duplicate the factory V8 positioning fit the gearbox (LT85 or V8 LT77 or ZF etc) using the gearbox mounts that come with the gearbox from the donor vehicle, that will then put the engine in the factory position. If you have TD engine mounts you'd need to cut them off and weld on some V8 mounts (either cut from donor vehicle or bought new or fabbed). I started with a factory V8 90 so didn't have to move the engine mounts, I just fitted teh ZF with the gearbox mounts taken from the donor RRC. With the engine/gearbox in the factory position V8/300tdi/TD5 props will fit but TD/200tdi props won't. This is all assuming an LT230, if fitting a BW transferbox then different props will be required, front one from donor RRC should fit though.

However it is possible to fab up mounts to put the engine and gearbox in any location, in fact the factory position is quite a long way forward so there is something to be said for moving it back a bit, although that makes changing teh spark plugs a apin in the ar$e and you may need to chop the bulkhead depending on how far you go. Looking at your pics the engine seems quite a way forward so is probably in pretty much the factory position.