ExMod 110 Feul tank guage

Hi,

I am hoping someone can help!

I have an Ex Mod 110 landrover that did not have a feul guage fitted when i bought it.

(110 originally 2.5NA with rear tank).

I purchased one with part no PRC3107 but this reads full all the time! I was going to remove sender unit but when i looked at the fuel connections i thought i would give it another try!

The resistance seem to change as on 1/2 tank it measured 65 whilst on full it measured 14 ohms. It seems to vary output with feul level so I was wondering if i had the correct gauge. The low level light doesnt work either.

I checked on the net and it lists gauge no: PRC7313 : 90/110 or PRC7314 : 110 Military. PRC7314 looks to be a 24v model.(Mines 12v).

Can another Ex Mod 110 owner confirm if this corresponds to there meter that they have?

Thanks.

Guest diesel_jim

Are you sure you've connected the guage up correctly? there should be three cables going to it....

one is the ignition +ve feed, one goes to the fual tank sender unitself (these are both the spade terminals on the back, one should be male, the other female (you can't confuse them) and the actual case of the guage needs earthing too. usually they're piggy backed off of each other using a bit of cable and a crimp on ring terminal, and then fitted under one of the little thumb screws that hold the "U" shaped fixing bracket on.

I know from past experience that if the case earth is missing then the guage goes right up to the end.

The only 24v fuel guage would be the latest one from a wolf XD, as these are all 24v. the older core 90/110's are 12v for the dash electrics. I've got the part numbers at home for the 24v stuff to check if you need.