Why is nothing ever straightforward

Why, whenever I break something on the 110 is it never quite as simple as it first seems :angry:

I heard a catching noise coming home from a playday at Tong last weekend, seemed to be coming from the handbrake (X-Brake), but couldn't find anything obvious so decided to drive the few miles home. Anyway I've had a look today :(

1) X brake disc is warped by about 3mm

2) Oil leak from rear gearbox output shaft

3) Oil leak from rear O/S hub

4) Only about 2 mm clearance between brake disc and guard

5) Uneven wear on X-Brake pads and fixed pad loose ............. no doubt due to warped disc and driving home

No doubt it's all self inflicted, the only time I got stuck on the day was in some deep ruts / mud and even with everything locked I couldn't get out without winching ............. but, like an idiot, I forgot to release the handbrake before starting to winch :blush: .................. anyway that's the only thing I can think of that may be the cause ................. apart from landing on the thing from a great height .................. but I don't recall doing that for a while :o

I know I need a few spare bits for the X-Brake and no doubt Simon can help me out there, but I'm more bemused by why I seem to have blown 2 oils seals at the same time ......... there was no oil leak before for definite :angry: ................ could it just be too much right foot and going nowhere ..... Anyway, any thoughts gang, what else should I be checking .............. apart from mi' memory ............... perhaps it's the start of dementia :P

Dave

post-985-1194719267_thumb.jpg

post-985-1194719275_thumb.jpg

post-985-1194719288_thumb.jpg