Hydro assist on standard steering box

Hendrik

Hi Steve

Is that a disco drop arm you've got there? Mounting the drag link below the arm I asume keeps it at roughly at the same height as with the standard set up. Also how have you mounted the end of the ram to the chassis another rose joint or a bush? There must a small amount of front to back movement as the drop arm sweeps an arc.

Cheers Dave :)

Hi Steve

Is that a disco drop arm you've got there? Mounting the drag link below the arm I asume keeps it at roughly at the same height as with the standard set up. Also how have you mounted the end of the ram to the chassis another rose joint or a bush? There must a small amount of front to back movement as the drop arm sweeps an arc.

Cheers Dave :)

Yep, Disco drop arm and drag link. The panhard rod runs almost identically to the std defender setup. There is a rose joint at the chassis end of the ram, As you say the ram moves with the drop arm going through an arc.

Right, that's one more thread to add to the favourates! I'm not looking at the front end until the back end's finished.

Steve, I think you're really onto something with the position as a small steering gaurd (just enough to protect the drop arm and the ram) will mean there's virtually no chance of any damage being done.

I cant really take credit for it tho Will as the inspiration came from another thread just altered it a bit to suit what I wanted!

Yep, Disco drop arm and drag link. The panhard rod runs almost identically to the std defender setup. There is a rose joint at the chassis end of the ram, As you say the ram moves with the drop arm going through an arc.

I thought so, I,m off down the local breakers tomorrow he's got a 200 and a 300 disco witch I'm going to releave of there steering boxes and drop arms, never hurts to have a spare. Out of interest where do you get your rose joints? I've seen them on ebay.

Cheers Dave