1999 P38 DSE Central Locking \Probs

GSDMAN999

Hi all.

Problem began today after no signs of hiccups whatsoever.

Inadvertantly pressed the lock button on key fob whilst engine was running. Resul?

When pressing unlock on remote out of ignition! The locks on 3 doors and tailgate actuate as they should. Front Passenger door button rises but remains solidly locked. ALL locks then re lock within 3 seconds or less To gain access and exit car, have to press the remote unlock button and quickly open doors using handles. Locking then comes in again and locks all unopened doors. Tried the same with F passeger door but will not budge.

I am disabled and fid this a darn nuisance. any ideas guys??

:(

Tried using spare keys but no difference. Tried reprogramming key fob but no difference or change

I'd say there is a fault within the passenger door lock.

I don't think your inadvertant pressing of the fob's lock button while the engine was running had anything to do with it.

You have been a member for quite a while, but no location is shown.

Is the air temperature freezing where you are? If there is a possibility of ice them the mechanism might be frozen.

Have you tried manually lifting the sill button in the passenger door?

Does this feel the same as lifting the sill button in the drivers door?

Does lifting the sill button in the passenger door unlock any other doors? (Although to be truthful, at this time I can't recall what the correct result should be).

The cure could be to remove the passenger door trim and spray the lock mechanism liberally with lubricant (this assumes you can open the passenger door from the inside).

Otherwise it's a new door lock, which is the safest course of action.

HTH.

Hi all.

Problem began today after no signs of hiccups whatsoever.

Inadvertantly pressed the lock button on key fob whilst engine was running. Resul?

When pressing unlock on remote out of ignition! The locks on 3 doors and tailgate actuate as they should. Front Passenger door button rises but remains solidly locked. ALL locks then re lock within 3 seconds or less To gain access and exit car, have to press the remote unlock button and quickly open doors using handles. Locking then comes in again and locks all unopened doors. Tried the same with F passeger door but will not budge.

I am disabled and fid this a darn nuisance. any ideas guys??

Tried using spare keys but no difference. Tried reprogramming key fob but no difference or change

Thanks for the heads up. It would appear that the front passenger door deadlock has locked and stuck on.

Have tried using WD40 down the button aperture. Have tried lifting the button manually and then using door handle to open, nothing.

When I try to open the sill button manually the other door locks remain locked. If I leave a door open then with the exception of the F passenger door, the others remain unlocked.

Drivers door will not open from inside of car without the use and a quick hurry to use handle before it resets locked again. Tried the 2 bips on fob for the deadlock and I hear it coming on in passenger door so not sure if this means that there is an actuator in drivers door that affects remainder of locks???????????