Td5 Fuel Ragulator Leaks

So this Td5 I have, it was a bit oily when I got it. Most of it was coming from the rocker gasket which I reckon must have been disturbed by the hoist used to move the lump before I got it. But the back acoustic cover of the engine and especially the bell housing was literally thick with oily crud.

A fella I was speaking to says it's most likely a leaky fuel regulator as 'they all do it'.

Do they all 'do it'?

What can I do to stop it 'doing it'?

I was having a look today and came to the conclusion it couldn't be the actual mating surface of the unit to the engine so it must be from the fuel unions? Would a dab of Hylomar blue on the threads of the unions do it? (and I know, I'd have to be careful that the Hylomar wasn't far enough in to get into the fuel :D )

George

The fuel reg has a small bleed hole in the pressed steel cap which is where the fuel usually comes from. Never looked inside but I assume there is a diaphram which must start to leak. Buy a new Reg and fit it. They aint too pricey, Only 1/2 to 3/4 hour to fit and jobs done. As for do they all do it, Well Ive fitted loads so it must be common!