It Lives !!!!

disco_al

Well i decided to go ahead and get the V8 disco i was offered the other week :) :) :)

So, i thought that whilst i await the end of the month to tax it (the previous owner kept the tax as part of the deal) i would carry out some repairs and maintenance.

I did the N/S CV at the weekend (the cage had destroyed itself leaving no drive to the wheel) and decided to do the H/Gaskets at the same time, as there was quite a petrolly smell from the header tank, and the valley gasket was leaking.

All came apart fine, heads cleaned up lovely and put it all back together (bit of a hiccup Monday night, as i discovered one hose clip was missing, so couldn't run her up to temp) and last night it ran!! Woohoo!!! Happy me!!!

One slight problem though, i had put some of the exhaust manifold gaskets on the wrong way round on the LH bank, so had to take it back off to correct this, but the test drive showed nothing unusual, temp gauge sat bang in the middle, and the heater was nice and toasty.

Next job is to remove the carpets, get the sponge out and treat the surface corrosion that is appearing in the footwells and boot floor area (neither are perforated as yet, and i want to keep it that way) with a flap wheel, mr.grinder and some rust treatment, zinc primer, and some nice tough top coat.

Then it's a few small patches of welding, N/S inner wing needs a plate, along with the rear of the N/S sill where the wheel arch meets it, and a few plates on the sills.