compressor and air tool deal

disco tony

Hi Phil,

You may have found out by now but just in case.

To let the air out of the tank, look at the right hand end of the pipe with the outlets on it. There is a red plastic cap with a metal pin and ring on it. This is the safety pressure release valve. If you pull firmly on the ring it will let the air out, be warned the metal ring is very thin and weak.

You can use the botom valve which is easier as you won't need to hold it but you may damage the thread under full pressure?

Hope all is well with your kit, one of my air connectors was stiff and would not work at first but now is OK :D

Marc.

Thanks Mark. It is now all working, although I am still to use it in anger. I priced at machine mart the equivalent of what I picked up @ aldi for £135 - it would of cost me £300+ at machine mart. Well chuffed.

After my queuing to get my compressor, it works well but it's BLOODY NOISY. I'm not sure if it would be quieter to run the Tdi if I needed large volumes of low pressure gas!

Anyway, I knocked up a box for it to sit in:

07032008511s.jpg

07032008510s.jpg

There are no holes to let air in or circulate - overheating might be a problem if I was spraying or using heavy air tools so I'll have to be aware. Letting air in isn't an issue; if my cabinet-making skills mean it's airtight enough that it sucks itself to the floor I'll be very pleased :) I can report that it cuts the noise down very well.

After my queuing to get my compressor, it works well but it's BLOODY NOISY. I'm not sure if it would be quieter to run the Tdi if I needed large volumes of low pressure gas!

Anyway, I knocked up a box for it to sit in:

07032008511s.jpg

07032008510s.jpg

There are no holes to let air in or circulate - overheating might be a problem if I was spraying or using heavy air tools so I'll have to be aware. Letting air in isn't an issue; if my cabinet-making skills mean it's airtight enough that it sucks itself to the floor I'll be very pleased :) I can report that it cuts the noise down very well.

Know what you mean about the noise, I've got 2 of them!

I was thinking along similar lines. An MDF or chipboard box (old wardrobes from local saleroom 50p each!) but putting it against the garage wall with a tumble drier type vent to the outside.

Possibly 2 vents, one at ground level & one at the top to give some sort of airflow around the hot bits. Maybe I'll even stick a bathroom extractor fan in one of the vents for forced airflow.

I could get carried away with this.

Bob