starting problem

smudge

ok, my vehicle has been startn fine until today when i got oit in and in wouldnt fire up.

the RAC have been out checed the battery, its ok. checked the immobiliser, its ok. they seem to think its an auto electric proble somewhere between the ignition and the starter motor.

i had the same problem about a yr ago, but after givin the starter motor a good WACK, and mssin wiv the wires it always started up. i told the RAC bloke this but he says its not that. any idea's guys? am i gonna be payin out loads of money again for my landy?

can anyone recommend a decent garge or auto electrician, in preston, lancs. cheers

yes, when i turn the key i can hear like a small click sound come from where the key ignition is.

the RAC guy said he checked the live comin from the ignition and it was ok. but he also said that there was a clicking noise comin from under the bonnet when he tried turning it over, from a little black box. which had something to do wiv, the lamna sensor, fuel sensor and ignton or something. ut i dont know wether this has anthing to do wiv it now startin, maybe this could just be another problem.

i hope this helps, but i'm not very mechanicaly minded.

On the starter motor check all the leads / wires are clean and still connected.

if the small wire has fallen off which is not unheard of the car will just click but not turn over.

how ever I would expect the AA man to have checked it already

right ok heres the result,

all connections are clean and connected,

when i put all lights on and turn on the ignition the lights DO NOT DIM..

gave the starter a good wack while trying to start it,

then a friend used a metal object on the terminals to bypass it or somethin, the starter motor started to spin. but didnt fire up the engine?????

is my solenoind nackerd or starter motor? both, or something else.

many thanx

sounds like the solenoid if the starter spins when its shorted out, dont know if you can do anything with the solenoid seperately

i would guess not and get a service exchange motor from a factors, easy way to check =just see if there is current on the ignition to solenoid wire [bulb or tester] when ignition key is held over to start position

CHEERS hope this helps