Offroading in Oxfordshire

Does anyone have any ideas...

I get the feeling that dad wouldnt mind taking the Disco off road as long as it was as close to 100% non damage as possible. If i took him then it might even encourage him to get annother for getting muddy.

Where can i get behind the wheel off road?

I thought about joining a club like ShireLRC, but the regulations state that '' Only MOT'd and insured vehicles to be driven at club events and by those who would normally be allowed to drive that vehicle on the road. '' Does everywhere operate this rule? I'm 17 and therefore no-one would insure me to drive it on the road.

I dont have the money to own/run a land rover of my own but i am desparate to get off road.

What are my options?

Thanks ;)

Guest diesel_jim

If you want non damaging (as in, no nasty scratches) then head for Salisbury Plain.

loads of open byways around there. go grab an OS map of it and explore away.

as the byways are legal roads, you yourself need to be on the insurance, and obviously the car MoT'd/Tax'd

Guest diesel_jim
no way without re-mortgaging the house that i could be insured on the Disco

you could sell some of the vehicle you've got to pay for the insurance? bobtail, fiesta etc...

Firstly the Bobtail is made of lego...so wont help much!

The fiesta isnt worth selling, its worth about £250 max + its dads transport to work and back. (and mom would never sell it anyway as her parents gave it to us :rolleyes: )

the 206 isnt mine to sell.

Surely there must be others that have ideas???

for what your paying on first car insurance geta small SJ you can run that with the money youd spend on a fiesta or similar

they are cheap and cheerful plus youl get some good practise of winching if its on standard tyres etc