SIIA Gearbox Number

idrisboyo

Hi there have just taken a gearbox off a V8 engine that i have had sitting around fro a couple of years. The gearbox number on it is 25 27 7484 suffix D. Could anybody tell me what the ratios are and if is the strengthened type? Am looking to fit into an 80 inch trialler. Any info much appreciated!!

Hi there have just taken a gearbox off a V8 engine that i have had sitting around fro a couple of years. The gearbox number on it is 25 27 7484 suffix D. Could anybody tell me what the ratios are and if is the strengthened type? Am looking to fit into an 80 inch trialler. Any info much appreciated!!

Hi could be a series 3 suffix D (the later military type box) with a series 2a bell housing (clutch shaft fits through side of bellhousing). You can tell if its the stronger case type suffix D series 3 if it has ribs on the reverse gear side of the main case (between the transfre box front extention case).

If it is these are good for V8 conversiions although i prefer the original series 2A stronger 1st 2 nd gear with the series 3 bell housing for the hydraulic clutch system, stronger on accelleration i find.

Hope this helps.