V6 front wheel Knocking

buffy

When Turning and powering or when turning and coasting.

It could also be the drop arm ball joint.

Jack it up(with a good strong jack and give it a hard wiggle its there is any movement at all its shot)

go over a speed bump a little faster than normal and if it knocks its the ball joint its not that hard to change.

the CV is not that hard to change either

has the gater been damaged if so then the cv will almost certainly have failed

Have you replaced one before ,Are they easy to replace and how .Not much to ask everthing will help

Done them on other cars but not a freelander. Another pair of hands comes in handy to hold the shaft. On most you have to fiddle with a pair of circlip pliers or couple of small screwdrivers whils tapping the bck of the cv joint flange with a soft mallet to knock it off the shaft.

Extra pair of hands to hold the shaft firm prevents it from flirting out the other end.

Hi :blink:

Like you I changed a CV joint on a mini a long time ago but nothing this size .I put this car in my works car park and put it into a tight right hand lock and drove is as fast as I could but no knocking also in the other lock still no knocking . I tried jacking it up and using a large crow bar tried to get some movement in both ball joints but nothing noticeable ..not tried the speed humps yet but if I can find some tomorrow I give it a try

Regards