Insurance

bushwhacker

The other day I rang around for insurance quotes, about 14 different brokers, agents and companies. With only Sureterm able to provide classic cover for my 1986 110csw 2.5na living in Northern Ireland I am 46 no accidents no claims. It makes me laugh when I read about people being worried about not being able to fit after market bits and bobs when we find it difficult to get insurance cover to get on the road, not to mentioin insurance people who cant provide insurance if you take your Land Rover off road even if I can provide insurance through MSA for off road use and because it has or can have 12 seats. It has to be said that all of the insurance people who I rang I got their numbers from Land Rover mags. Why is this the way it is? Where will it stop I ask you? No more mags for me.

Can anyone suggest who I should be directing my ????????? at. I,ve left a blank as I do not know the right word to explain it. Its not often I am left with no words to explain something.

I wonder how much it would take to set up an insurance company? Is there a blanket type cover that can be got?

Suggestions please and help!

Guest diesel_jim

I just got a quote form the NFU, for my 110, Td5, with external cage/winch/BRB bar/HD suspension/snorkel/bigger wheels, with full no claim discount and fully comp for £220

they had no problems whatsoever with the bolt on bits. they rang their underwriters and got back to me within 1/2 an hour. (thats NFU office in Chippenham. ask for Mark or Paul)

Thanks for the replies.

I have taken out the 2 rear bench seats and the front middle seat but to be honest I did not want to do this. I did not try NFU but will next time, who are IME ?

I am still looking to address this insurance problem so can anyone point me in the right direction.

Things in general have got a lot better over here in NI a lot better is an understatement, but this insurance thing keeps coming up. :angry: