2003 Discovery Oil Pump Failure Engine Replacement

sigler12

I have a 2003 Discovery with the manufacturer's defect found on the Technical Service Bulletin issued by LRNA on 3-14-2003 stating that the failure of an oil pump is a design defecr. LRNA has refused to repair my Rover even after the Service Manager and the Dealership owner have informed them that I have the technical alert in hand. I have turned this over to a lawyer who specializes in this area. The dealership owner told me he could not believe that LRNA is refusing repair and setting itself up for litigation like this, however it is now in the attorney's hand and I am ready to see them go down. LRNA has the ethical and moral obligation to make good on their admitted defect.

Has anyone here had success dealing with LRNA?

I have given LRNA every chance to right their wrong and they have slammed the door in my face. The VIN range is all 2003 Discoverys ending with 3A771801 – 3A808362

My attorney is getting ready to file a lawsuit on my behalf regarding the 2003 Land Rover Discovery Oil Pump Failure causing the need to replace the entire engine assembly. He is also reviewing it for the possibility of a class action lawsuit. If interested, you can contact him....Michael Wing at 251-433-7468.

The Technical Alert can be seen at:

http://home.comcast.net/~bhcmbailey/lrna_tsb.pdf

Ouch :unsure:

I assume yours is a V8 4.6 as described in the bulletin, and not the Td5 which was what I thought when I first read it (The Td5 is also subjected to oil pump failure apparently, though AFAIK it has never been acknowledged by Land Rover)

I doubt you will get much response on here from others with the problem, as the 4.6 V8 was never sold in most markets, only NAS market and possibly the Gulf states. Good luck with your quest, if you have a blown engine in your vehicle and a technical bulletin in your hand I should think you are on pretty solid ground...