Air con pipes

sotal

As above,

I have a hole in the High Pressure pipe which runs down the inner wing, I've been trying to find a 2nd hand replacement with no luck. I've just found a set of pipes from a 3.9V8

Any idea if they are the same?

It's the pipe that runs down the drivers side inner wing - a thin pipe with a bend in, joins onto the pipe with the filling valve on it.

But I think you answered my question by saying they were different.

Thanks for the help I'll give them a miss then

• 4 weeks later...

It happened to me too. Same pipe.

I had my Disco stored away for the past 5 weeks and when I took it the other day I lifted the bonnet and saw something like an oil/coolant leak on the right inner wing under the coolant expansion tank.

The coolant was up to level and the tank and hoses were dry. I checked if the air conditioning works - it didn't. The compressor wasn't engaging. So I knew it was the A/C pipe that leaked.

Went to an A/C shop today. The pipe got punctured from corrosion under the clip that keeps it on the inner wing. Nothing much nor visible but enough to leak big air bubbles when they pressure tested it with compressed air.

They cut a piece from it, a little bit more than the width of the clip, and welded another piece of (new) pipe in place. They even gave me 3 months warranty on the pipe (the replaced/new part and weldings) :)

I should have done this before but now I'm going to get some grease under all the clips on the A/C pipes if not on the entire pipe length. I think some aluminum grease (same thing as the copper grease but with aluminum instead of copper) should do the job.

Some pics:

post-1725-1208192893_thumb.jpg

post-1725-1208192914_thumb.jpg

post-1725-1208192934_thumb.jpg

I don't mind you asking by any means but I don't think my answer would be of any use since both myself and the shop are 1200 miles East from UK shores :)

It was 68 quid for everything from which about 40 for recharging, about 15 for the pipe repair (weldings) and the rest for taking the pipe out an back in.

Thanks for posting that. Sorry you have the problem.

I have just looked at mine & while it is clean & dry I will remove that clamp & the one nearer to the firewall & give them some treatment.

We don't use salt on our roads & maybe that has "helped" :rolleyes: with spray getting up there but, "a stitch in time etc".