Fitting a Mantec Snorkel into a 200tdi...help!

Hi All

I have one of these

http://www.mantec.co.uk/store_viewItem.cfm...mp;CategoryID=1

And I want to fit it into my 200tdi 110 CSW.

I took the plastic covers off the top/side today and have removed the heater intake duct (after removing the washer bottle).

The question is what now....

It looks like I need to take out the whole heater box? Is this right?

I discovered that the air intake pipe was not even connected to the bent bit of duct that attaches to the side vent....mind you it wasn't connected either!

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Graham

Bin all of the ducting run from the inside of the wing to the airbox and replace it with 1 piece of flexible pipe - all the standard landie ducting can be a nightmare to seal up to make it airtight.

Thanks - that probably is a good idea,

I would assume you run one pipe from the back of the 'connection pipe/flange' that sits on the side of the wing?

I have had another look this morning and I still cannot see how you can do the job without taking the heater unit out.....Is this really required? It does not show it in the Mantec instructions (mind you they look like they are for a 300tdi?)

Help - I don't want to spend hours doing stuff that is not required.!! :blink:

Can't comment on the heater removal bit as mine is a 300tdi and hence on the other side, but with regards to sealing up to the air intake, I actually made up a grp plate that fits straight to the snorkle - so it's the same shape as the indent in the wing and sealed it up with loads of silicon. I didn't want to skimp on it - I'd already killed one engine...... :ph34r: