Rough Country

jason_landy99

In one word...........awful. I have them and on the road they bounce, dip, dive etc. Have not tested them properly off road yet, but they do seem to be quite good. I may be making things worst for myself as I also have very soft springs, but I find this setup works better off road.

Things that work well on road, usually don't work very well off road and visa versa. Mine, is setup like this because it is trailered to sites. If you are doing any road driving, then I would recommend that you spend a little more and purchase the old man emu dampers.

I assume you are planning to run the gwyn lewis setup?

HTH :)

In one word...........awful. I have them and on the road they bounce, dip, dive etc. Have not tested them properly off road yet, but they do seem to be quite good. I may be making things worst for myself as I also have very soft springs, but I find this setup works better off road.

Things that work well on road, usually don't work very well off road and visa versa. Mine, is setup like this because it is trailered to sites. If you are doing any road driving, then I would recommend that you spend a little more and purchase the old man emu dampers.

I assume you are planning to run the gwyn lewis setup?

HTH :)

yer with x-springs

In one word...........awful.

That's a bit OTT.

There are plenty of people happy with the rough country shocks. I personally think they are underdamped and on this basis I would also recommend the N73 shocks that Gwyn's supplies for his shock mount kits.

Same amount of travel, but more damping than Rough Country.

Cheers

Steve

That's a bit OTT.

There are plenty of people happy with the rough country shocks. I personally think they are underdamped and on this basis I would also recommend the N73 shocks that Gwyn's supplies for his shock mount kits.

Same amount of travel, but more damping than Rough Country.

Cheers

Steve

I think I have got a problem with mine though Steve. We have been speaking to gwyn and some shocks are much softer than the others. On the road it doesn't feel connected to road, it floats and when looking at the rear axle it is jumping up and down like there is something wrong. There isn't something wrong, it is just they are ridiculously soft.

Rhys