door latch

viorelluta

Hi,

after a real off-road week-end (2 days in the Danube Delta, highly recommended for fishing) the passenger rear door does not open/close from the remote control anymore. The manual operation works (ie you can open the door from inside by pulling the handle, and you can lock the door by pushing down the rod). Before opening the door panel (I have to wait, it's raining like hell) I would like to ask you if some of you have replaced/repaired the electrical door latch. Is it complicated?

What is the English word for the electrical motor which locks the door by pulling the rods - is it "actuator"? I need the right term to search on the net.

If you're interested in fishing, hunting or bird watching have a look here: www.cormoran.ro. Danube Delta is amazing indeed, unique in Europe.

Thanks

Viorel

They dont have a seperate locking actuactor, its built into the latch itself. I've never had a latch apart before so dont know wether you could attempt to repair it. Getting the latch out is fairly simple, you'll soon see what you need to do when the door panels off.

They dont have a seperate locking actuactor, its built into the latch itself. I've never had a latch apart before so dont know wether you could attempt to repair it. Getting the latch out is fairly simple, you'll soon see what you need to do when the door panels off.

thank you!

I've found at MASTORA this:

Latch Assembly - Rear Door - LH

£47.85 (€ 67.93)

Quickfind code: 7099

Mfr #: ALR9787

would this be the right part?

I also have a problem with LH/RH meaning. The broken latch is on the passenger's (rear) door behing the driver's seat, which here (unlike in UK) is on the left side of the car (if you are inside the car...). so, should I ask for LH latch or RH latch??

• 3 weeks later...