Bad Vibrations

A particular problem with my Td5 is driving me halfway round the bend.

The driver’s door and passenger door rattle quite loudly on anything other than tarmac, though the intensity varies and the problem is intermittent.

The vehicle is a Defender 110 County Station wagon, 2005 model but new in December 2006. I’ve done about 25,000 km.

Land Rover have tried several times to cure the problem, but it keeps coming back. CAN ANYTHING BE DONE to permanently cure the problem?

Please advise. I will be forever grateful.

The driver’s door and passenger door rattle quite loudly on anything other than tarmac, though the intensity varies and the problem is intermittent.

Hi popotla,

Rather than going back to LR all the time, I would take the door card off and have a look. If you can make it rattle by banging or shaking it, you should be able to find the problem; or just drive around for a while with the doors stripped until the rattle returns.

If it isn't the door frame cracked, then it's probably just something has worked loose.