Disco axles 200 and 300 is there a difference?

Skanny

diffs anand shafts are different along wivwith seals

10 and 24 spline axles

yes you can swap them over complete but not the internal parts

Edited by BogMonster
To remove "txt spk"!

as well as the internals, as mentioned above, the pinion flange on the rear diff is different too - it uses a 3 point flange, and a rubber donut rather than the conventional fixing to the propshaft.

I am not entirely sure when they came in, but 300's had antiroll bars (not sure if any 200's did?), and the brackets to mount them are fixed to the axle. No problem if you are fitting 300 axles to a 200, but could be an issue the other way around.

hth

Mark

It's not as clear cut as 200's and 300's being different though..... early 200's were imperial axles, 10spline diff with straight shafted halfshafts...... and the very rounded ends on the halfshafts aswell......

the later 200's had metric axles, also with 10spline diffs, but the shafts were now flatter ended, with an internal seal on the hub end of the shaft.......

at some point, i suspect on the 300's, they then changed to 24 spline metric axles, with the 3 bolt rubber drive thingy and also with anti roll bars..... i don;t think i've seen a 200 with them.....

axles are a bit of a minefield!!!