Kumho Kl71's - what are they like?

Josh

Hi all,

Just lifted my disco 1 300tdi with the mm4x4 1.5inch lift kit. Im still running standard 235/70 r16 road tyres. I want to fit 245/75s but i cant decide on which tyres :blink: . The Kumho kl71's are cheap compared to a set of good all terrains. I found the Kumhos for 77 quid a tyre.(i think thats ok?)

I mostly will be on road but i want decent off road performace when i pay and play at weekends.

Does anyone have any feedback on the kumhos for road and off road use? Whats the wear like on em?

Cheers

I have 31x10.5X15 KL71's on my discovery and have done about 10,000 miles on them so far. I like them as they work well on road and not especially noisey, seem to be wearing well and grip well off road too. The only time I have been a little worried about them was on a wet grass side slope, but the 110 I was with which was on BFG M/t's was also trying to slide sideways so I suspect that it was more down to the conditions than the tyre.

I have 31x10.5X15 KL71's on my discovery and have done about 10,000 miles on them so far. I like them as they work well on road and not especially noisey, seem to be wearing well and grip well off road too. The only time I have been a little worried about them was on a wet grass side slope, but the 110 I was with which was on BFG M/t's was also trying to slide sideways so I suspect that it was more down to the conditions than the tyre.

Thanks for the feedback Raceface. Do you have any pics of the kumhos fitted?

cheers

Thanks for the feedback Raceface. Do you have any pics of the kumhos fitted?

cheers

My dad has Kumho Ventures MT's fitted on his and they're excellent off road, and not that bad on the road either...

1000027smallbo5.jpg

I have 235/85 KL71s and love them. I previously had colway MTs and colway ATs - the MTs slid around quite a bit on the road in the wet, but I have absolutely no problem with the KL71s. I mainly drive on the road, but tow off road occasionally on muddy event sites and these have taken me everywhere the MTs did with no problems.

Chris

Hi there, I have fitted some 265/75-16 Khumo MT's on my Disco.

I originally had a set of 205 MT's on my LR wheels, but when I changed to the 8 spokes I opted for the larger tyres too.

They work brilliantly in all situations.

I go on 3500+ mile trips around Europe every year, go greenlaning and off-roading on pay & play days in quarries and have had no problems yet.

Whether fully loaded down the Autobahns, cornering around roundabouts (in the wet or dry), or driving across rivers or mud pits My MT's have never let me down.

I paid £85 per tyre, balanced and fitted inc. VAT from West Coast Off Road Centre in Banks near Southport but they are slightly larger than the size you mentioned.

I have a couple of pics with them fitted. Although none are real close ups of the tyres you get an idea of what they look like.

SUPASNAPS143-1.jpg

IMG_2596.jpg

This camp site was very hilly...

IMG_2598.jpg

... and very sandy but grip was no problem!

IMG_2418.jpg

... Even on the treacherous slopes of my driveway the Khumos were solid giving an excellent sure footed feel! :rolleyes:

SUPASNAPS141.jpg

IMG_2874.jpg

This is my Disco fully loaded with kit somewhere in France - Heavy load, long road sections, No problems!!

The feed back from the Khumos is awesome, which help for the odd times you are driving harder than normal both off road and on.

Happy Days!!

I can strongly recommend the Khumos, I am on my 2nd set and will be going for my 3rd set as soon as they are due.

I found some Cooper ATR' s for about £70 each last year on the web. They are excellent on road and cope very well greenlaning. Not as extreme as some but a good compromise.

Jules