Sagging spring or worn shock?

rhydgte

Hi my disco is fitted with Bearmach +2'' springs and some worse for wear 'Armstrong' Shocks (which seem to be nothing more than standard ones :angry: )

Anyhow, the O/S/F is a lot lower than the rest (possibly as much as one and a half inches).

Will this be down to a knackered shock or spring?

I'm in the process of purchasing some +2'' Procomp shocks to fit to it, as clearly the job was only half done by the previous owner, but would rather not be faced with the same situation having fitted them.

Any advice/help much appreciated!

Hi my disco is fitted with Bearmach +2'' springs and some worse for wear 'Armstrong' Shocks (which seem to be nothing more than standard ones :angry: )

Anyhow, the O/S/F is a lot lower than the rest (possibly as much as one and a half inches).

Will this be down to a knackered shock or spring?

I'm in the process of purchasing some +2'' Procomp shocks to fit to it, as clearly the job was only half done by the previous owner, but would rather not be faced with the same situation having fitted them.

Any advice/help much appreciated!

You will need the longer shocks anyway to stop them self destucting by topping pit each time they extend BUT you will need to sort the springs anyway - the shocks will not effect the ride height, that is down to the springs.....

David

You will need the longer shocks anyway to stop them self destucting by topping pit each time they extend BUT you will need to sort the springs anyway - the shocks will not effect the ride height, that is down to the springs.....

David

Shocks (dampers) have no effect on ride height - the shock's job is to stop the vehicle bouncing .

If one corner is low it points to a 'tired' spring or maybe even part of the coil has broken off.

And of course you need to change both springs on that axle or you could end up with the same problem as a new spring will most likely be higher than the other 'old' one .

Cheers for the responses, before I go all out shelling dollar, is there anything else at all that could cause what I describe? Cheers

When I bought my springs a few years ago from scrapiron they asked what was on the vehcile (ie winch/winch bumper etc) so they could get correct springs and guarantee height, never had any problems (apart from explaing to wife why they were so expensive)