TD4

Cyberfarmer

Greetings from the Philippines!

I am having problems with my TD4 and its driving me crazy since there are no qualified shops around to check and diagnose.

Current condition or observations:

1. ABS warning light is ON

2. Engine running well on IDLE only and revs till 4000 rpm

3. When engaged to 1st gear engine would rev till 2000 rpm only and would run 20 kmh max.

4. When turning to a curve, its seems that there is something stopping the vehicle from moving.

NOTE: I have checked all these without air filter on and sometimes took the EGR valve hose out but it made no difference.

Engine Oil Pressure is good.

Cooling System is good.

Primed the fuel system.

All filters are new.

Please help!!!

Thank you very much.

Alex

Philippines

Greetings from the Philippines!

I am having problems with my TD4 and its driving me crazy since there are no qualified shops around to check and diagnose.

Current condition or observations:

1. ABS warning light is ON

2. Engine running well on IDLE only and revs till 4000 rpm

3. When engaged to 1st gear engine would rev till 2000 rpm only and would run 20 kmh max.

4. When turning to a curve, its seems that there is something stopping the vehicle from moving.

NOTE: I have checked all these without air filter on and sometimes took the EGR valve hose out but it made no difference.

Engine Oil Pressure is good.

Cooling System is good.

Primed the fuel system.

All filters are new.

Please help!!!

Thank you very much.

Alex

Philippines

Alex

sounds like your hill descent control is engaged, try driving off in second gear, HDC works on first and reverse if it drives normaly it might be stuck on

hope this helps

Alex

sounds like your hill descent control is engaged, try driving off in second gear, HDC works on first and reverse if it drives normaly it might be stuck on

hope this helps

Tried it but doesnt work. I even took off the hill decent relay (dash instrument indicator ON). Its funny that even the check engine doesnt light ON. Ty

Alex

hope this helps

I think westender is right (symptoms are very similar), although when HDC is on you should see the warning sign (the inclined vehicle). I had once difficulties to disengage HDC myself. If this happens, try several times.