td5 cold start problem

bombx3

what you are saying makes a lot of sense ,but how can you stop a injector driping over night and what would cause this

Regards

Ray

it has a pressurized fuel rail so any leakage on a injector it would/possibly seep through , i dont know much about the td5 system but if other possibility's have been checked and ok then i would get them out and clean/checked but id check the glow plug as jim said before and any other bits and boobs like fuel filters are clean , their is no obvious fuel leaks , that the fuel isnt contaminated

it has a pressurized fuel rail so any leakage on a injector it would/possibly seep through , i dont know much about the td5 system but if other possibility's have been checked and ok then i would get them out and clean/checked but id check the glow plug as jim said before and any other bits and boobs like fuel filters are clean , their is no obvious fuel leaks , that the fuel isnt contaminated

The fuel rail is only low pressure(about 4 bar), each injector contains it's own high pressure pump, therefore they are more likely to leak when running

If they are removed they must be put back in with new seals and the full travel reset.

A small hole in an external fuel pipe could suck air in whilst it cools down?

HTH