Britpart Heavy Duty Shock Absorbers

Typsey

Hey guys and girls.

Have just returned from a sandy place far and away and decided to treat my Disco to new springs and shocks alround and new boots.

I chose the Britpart pack of Heavy duty springs and shocks. With the help of my soon-to-be brother-in-law, we have just fitted the rear set. However, I am not sure we have correctly fitted the shocks. Unfortunately, with no instructions and only the standard set up to go by we may have not correctly used the appropriate washer/bush combo.

I don't supppose anyone knows of a link to a guide or could take a picture of their kit so that I can walk away from this job with a warm and fuzzy feeling?

Many thanks.

Typsey

Basically you should have 3 washers in total for the lower mount. 2 big slighly concave ones and 2 smaller, thinner ones with lips on.

red arrowed (the big ones) first one on the shock first, then a bush, then the smeller on, the small lip is desogned to sit in the shock mount hole. then its the reverse for the bottom, so small one, bush then big one and finally the nut.

on the top with britpart think you have to use the washers that came off.

post-8728-1211584847_thumb.jpg

Hey guys and girls.

Have just returned from a sandy place far and away and decided to treat my Disco to new springs and shocks alround and new boots.

I chose the Britpart pack of Heavy duty springs and shocks. With the help of my soon-to-be brother-in-law, we have just fitted the rear set. However, I am not sure we have correctly fitted the shocks. Unfortunately, with no instructions and only the standard set up to go by we may have not correctly used the appropriate washer/bush combo.

I don't supppose anyone knows of a link to a guide or could take a picture of their kit so that I can walk away from this job with a warm and fuzzy feeling?

Many thanks.

Typsey

If you look at the 'downloads' page of www.llama4x4.co.uk there is a rather over simple diagram of the bush / washer order....

Hope it helps

David

Chaps. Hoofing!

A quick two minute job for later on then. Cannot believe that these kits are sent out without fitting instructions. Also spent some time searching online to no avail.

Many thanks.

Typsey

Just spent the past couple of days sorting the suspension out. Learnt a lot of new tricks along the way. Thanks for your help and guidance and I now look forward to being able to pass my new found knowledge of suspension onto to others.

Typsey