D1 front door card removal

J@mes

Need to remove the front door card to find out why the window has dropped down - is it easy to do and is there anything i need to look out for? (expect that the rollers on the regulator have broken, but will see)

thanks

James

Just poppers IIRC, but you will break several of them when you remove it so have some spare ones :)

The spot welds on the regulator have probably failed, you can either buy a new one, or if you know somebody who is handy with a spot welder and can get it in exactly the right position, you can spot weld the bit back on again, I had this done on my old D1 and it lasted for years but you have to get it exactly right or the mechanism will jam up.

thanks matey, saves digging through the garage looking for all kinds of screwdriver/torx bits that cars usually have!

I think the regulators are around £25 on ebay new, so its probably not worth the hassle of getting it spot welded and hoping its perfect, if that is the cause of the failure.

:)

If they are that cheap I agree. The main reason I fixed mine was that there wasn't one available and the pigeon to the moon takes some time to arrive and I wanted my window fixed :)

The spot welding is a bit carp so it is worth putting some extra ones on to strengthen it, if you can get hold of a decent spot welder.