Chassis differences?

Would a 300tdi 110 chassis which was originally purchased for a SW fit and 300tdi 110 hardtop?

Small modifications are no problem but i need to know what the differences are.

Also, are there any legal implications to replacing the chassis. i.e. What do i do about the chassis No. plate etc?

Many thanks.

Russ

Guest diesel_jim

The 110 SW chassis has a (removable) crossmember bolted onto it, and slightly different brackets bolted onto the outriggers.

Hi

As I understand it, IF the chassis you are buying is a new chassis that has never been part of a car and never been given a chassis number, then you can (with a receipt proving purchase of a NEW chassis) apply to the DVLA and tell them you are replacing the chassis, they will probably inspect the vehicle and either give you a new chassis number or let you put your old one on providing you can prove the old one has been destroyed. If your using a second hand chassis then officially you are into SVA territory, although there is some experience of members who have had a blind eye turned.

All that being said if you unfortunately had an extremely rusty O/S dumb iron and were forced to remove it and replace with a new one then your chassis wouldn't have a number anyway :ph34r::ph34r:

Mike

Many thanks guys. It sounds like the only differences are bolt on bits so it'll be simple to just remove them and replace them with the necessary from my existing chassis. (Hopefully i can get them off)

The chassis is new. It was purchased for a project a while ago but never used. I think the receipt is available. So, basically i need to replace the chassis, cut the old one up and put it in the back of my vehicle, phone the DVLA and then just follow their instructions. If they wish to inspect the vehicle will i be charged?

Having problems tracking down the receipt. It's a Designa chassis. 'Designa Chassis' has changed ownership since purchase so there is no record of the purchase available. Is there a way around this without the need for an SVA? I phoned the DVLA but they were very vague. I don't think they really knew what to do either. She said that i would just need to get Land Rover to stamp it or replace the plate. Can't i just remove the plate from my old chassis, put it on the new one and be done with it. My MOT is due soon so i will need to get this sorted asap.