Fitting Bluetooth GPS

My 90 has a Tomtom bluetooth GPS receiver, about the size of a computer mouse, which I have attached to the sunroof with velcro for really good reception. It has a 3.5mm 5v dc power socket with a cable to a special cigar lighter adaptor which reduces the 12V down to 5v. At the moment the cabling goes through a PDA cradle which I no longer need.

So trying to neaten up the wiring I need a dc power cable with a 3.5mm power plug on one end for the GPS and just about anything else on the other end to wire into a hidden away cigar lighter adaptor. The cable needs to be long enough to go from the sunroof, across the sun visor, down the A post, behind the dials and down into the central console / fuse box so I can wire the GPS in permanently., Say 2m long for luck. But I cannot find any such thing anywhere

I cannot be the only person in England needing a longer power cable for a GPS receiver, and one of you guys must have fitted one in neatly.

Any suggestions ?

Guest noggy

thats easy! make your own!

when you say a 3.5mm jack, do you mean a audio jack like this? CLICKY

or power 3.5 plugs like this..CLICKY

then just find some cable to solder in :) job done :)

you could probably get away with using audio cable as its such a small current.

My 90 has a Tomtom bluetooth GPS receiver, about the size of a computer mouse, which I have attached to the sunroof with velcro for really good reception. It has a 3.5mm 5v dc power socket with a cable to a special cigar lighter adaptor which reduces the 12V down to 5v. At the moment the cabling goes through a PDA cradle which I no longer need.

So trying to neaten up the wiring I need a dc power cable with a 3.5mm power plug on one end for the GPS and just about anything else on the other end to wire into a hidden away cigar lighter adaptor. The cable needs to be long enough to go from the sunroof, across the sun visor, down the A post, behind the dials and down into the central console / fuse box so I can wire the GPS in permanently., Say 2m long for luck. But I cannot find any such thing anywhere

I cannot be the only person in England needing a longer power cable for a GPS receiver, and one of you guys must have fitted one in neatly.

Any suggestions ?

Why not get a 3.5mm plug from Maplin and slap it on a bit of cable, thats the way I do it.