info required

rob sumbie

Hi as i am new to this forum and very much new to owning a disco i have a question for anyone that will answer.

I have read a lot about the pros and cons about mixing rapeseed oil with diesel to cut down the cost of running the disco.

But are converter kits needed and will it damage the engine , the engine is a 300 i have been told but that dont realy mean much to me.

so anyhelp please,

ROB SUMBIE

to be honest mate i wouldnt chance it,i know loads of fellas that run there diesels on other things but one or two have had issues with the injection pump and this put me off doing it myself.if you have a broken injection pump its going to cost you big i would imagine.what im looking at doing is removing the egr valve and de catting at the momment,if you look on here quite a few have done this and there mpg is much better than there previous mpg.dont get me wrong im not against it.i know they do do kits for pre warming. i read on another forum,where i cant tell you,the guys in the know about these things,and some calculations were done,they came to the conclusion that they made very little difference as you are trying to warm the whole injection pump with one glow plug.im sure there are other ways of doing the warming and someone will no doubt tell you how soon.i know there will be people on here that run veg oil etc and they will be able to give you a more indepth view on what sort of mixes they are doing and what mpg they get.now this is solely my view mate and i have done little or no research on the subject but thought seeing as you got no replys i would just give you my take on things.there is a down side too,the fact that you will smell like a mobile chip shop makes it hard for you not to keep stopping at every chippie you pass and gaining shed loads of weight :lol::lol::lol: