Remote Key Programming

Viktor

Hi Guys,

I have bought a second remote key, at this time I wasn't aware of the different frequencies related to different countries, anyway. I bought this second key, mine was working ok, I just wanted to have the second key, during programming since the second key was of a differrent region probably the alarm ECU thought that the vehicle was being stolen hence it went into alarm state. I lost the ability to us my original key and the second. My question is this, does some one know how to reset the alarm ECU so to be able to reprogramme it? I thank you in anticipation, those who wish besides the forum can contact me at victor.mifsud@mfa.com.mt.

regards,

Victor

Guest noggy

this is highly unlikely, otherwise, if you parked a american spec rangie next to a english spec and tryed to unlock it, it would set the others alarm off.

there are different frequencies for different country's, but they wouldn't interfere at all another vehicle.

when you park in a car park, and lock your car, you dont set off 50 car alarms do you.

nor do all English range rover central locking keys open/lock all other range rovers.

your best bet is to go to your local LR dealer. or call them out.

I think in your situation the best way forward is to either buy another alarm ecu that is in an unlocked state,or send your ecu to www.remotekey.com in the UK - they can unlock it for you and possibly code your fobs to it.

Hi Guys,

I have bought a second remote key, at this time I wasn't aware of the different frequencies related to different countries, anyway. I bought this second key, mine was working ok, I just wanted to have the second key, during programming since the second key was of a differrent region probably the alarm ECU thought that the vehicle was being stolen hence it went into alarm state. I lost the ability to us my original key and the second. My question is this, does some one know how to reset the alarm ECU so to be able to reprogramme it? I thank you in anticipation, those who wish besides the forum can contact me at victor.mifsud@mfa.com.mt.

regards,

Victor

is it a p38 or a classic?

if it is a p38 just enter the eka code and restart the programing process but if you are trying to do it without a testbook it cannot be done.

if it a classic what method of programing were you trying?

if you try the unlocked ecu fine on a classic can't be done on p38 as it needs tobe configured to the becm and the engine ecu

Hi,

Its a November 1994 classic. The programme is as follows:

1. Ignition OFF

2. Doors unlocked

3. Bonnet Up (open bonnet)

4. Hold bonnet button down……Next sequence must be completed within 8 seconds.

5. Switch Ignition ON

6. Switch Ignition OFF

7. Lock Doors

8. Unlock Doors

9. Release bonnet button

10. Switch Ignition ON

11. Switch Ignition OFF

If operation is correct the Horn will go on and LED will Flash.

Next sequence must be computed within 2 minutes.

Hold button on remote control down (ON) until LED Flushes.

Any other suggestions, please I need help! Thanks

Victor

Hi,

Its a November 1994 classic. The programme is as follow

1. Ignition OFF

2. Doors unlocked

3. Bonnet Up (open bonnet)

4. Hold bonnet button down……Next sequence must be completed within 8 seconds.

5. Switch Ignition ON

6. Switch Ignition OFF

7. Lock Doors

8. Unlock Doors

9. Release bonnet button

10. Switch Ignition ON

11. Switch Ignition OFF

If operation is correct the Horn will go on and LED will Flash.

Next sequence must be computed within 2 minutes.

Hold button on remote control down (ON) until LED Flushes.

Any other suggestions, please I need help! Thanks

Victor

it should be ignition on then off lock doors unlock doors release bonnet switch then igintion on then off horn sounds then press remote untill led flashs then press other remote if you only have one then program it twice to clear other remotes

Hi,

I'm not sure if I have understood you correctly. You have started from process 5 correct? Process 5 is actually the starting point. I think that yours and mine are the same, if they are not can you please exlain again because I can't see the difference. I would like to thank you for your time and patience.

Regards,

Victor

Hi,

I'm not sure if I have understood you correctly. You have started from process 5 correct? Process 5 is actually the starting point. I think that yours and mine are the same, if they are not can you please exlain again because I can't see the difference. I would like to thank you for your time and patience.

Regards,

Victor

1,ignition on

2,ignition off

3,lock doors

4,unlock doors

5,release bonnet switch,

6,ignition on

7ignition off

8,horn sounds

9,press remote untill led flashes if you have one remote pres this remote again to finish remote programing

have an asitant press the bonnet switch untill required to release it

1,ignition on

2,ignition off

3,lock doors

4,unlock doors

5,release bonnet switch,

6,ignition on

7ignition off

8,horn sounds

9,press remote untill led flashes if you have one remote pres this remote again to finish remote programing

have an asitant press the bonnet switch untill required to release it

Hi, This exactly what I'm doing. What is happening when I arrive at point 6, as soon as I switch on the ignition the horn will sound and vehicle goes into alarm state and the key programming is not possible. I'm thinking that there must be some porcedure to reset alarm unit to neutral state because I think it is in an alarm state. Thanks again, Victor

there is no reset procedure and if you disconnect the alarm when it is connected it stays in the state it was when it was disconnected. would suggest a new alarm unit or asecound hand one with a remote that works and the correct fequency for malta which i think is uk 433mhz

there is no reset procedure and if you disconnect the alarm when it is connected it stays in the state it was when it was disconnected. would suggest a new alarm unit or asecound hand one with a remote that works and the correct fequency for malta which i think is uk 433mhz

Thanks for your info, its a pity that there is no reset procedure, anyway thanks again for your help.

regards,

victor