crankshaft oil seal

yesterday i removed the gear box from my 2.5 td 90 and replaced a leaking crankshaft oil seal all went well. until a went for a longish drive and when i got home looked underneath and there it was the oil dripping out of the gearbox wadeing plug hole.

now im sure i didnt mess the seal up when fitting it.

the crank was clean and not pitted

the question is any one got an idea why it still leaks?

could i have a crank shaft end float issue?

Guest WALFY

Did you use a gen seal. I used a copy part when I did mine and had to revisit it very quickly like you. IIRC the gen 1 has green paint or seal stuff on it. It doesn't take a lot to bugger the seal up. It has to go on square using the guide that comes with it.

Did you use a gen seal. I used a copy part when I did mine and had to revisit it very quickly like you. IIRC the gen 1 has green paint or seal stuff on it. It doesn't take a lot to bugger the seal up. It has to go on square using the guide that comes with it.

it was a pattern part seal that i fitted and it also came with a guide to fit it over the end of the crank

guess ill have to try a lr seal in there

thanks