V8 3.5 carb 175CD Zenith

Monster

Hi Guys,

I am again looking for a bit of advice/direction.

I have just fitted a standard rover manifold and Zenith carbs to my V8.

I just wondering how to tune them. I dont see any adjustment screws or knobs that i could fiddle with. It has a plastic housing on one side of each carb for temperature compensation. What does this do!

The Haynes that i have doesnt offer any further insight.

The engine starts first time when warm but from cold needs a bit of encouragement. Full choke isnt great. No choke w no throttle is no better. Half choke and pumping the throttle is again not foolproof. No choke is tempermental.

Once the engine is warm, although starts easily is sluggish as if too much/not enough feul.

As you can see needs a bit of fiddling. Any ideas.

I am fairly sure that the engine is in good state of tune but just needs abit of tweeking. The LR came from the uk which is quite a bit colder than were i come from and it has been my experience that mixture/jetting needs to be leaned out.

I had originally had the super duper edelbrock carb and manifold fitted and experienced none of these problems.

I know that i may have made a step backward but i hope to sell engine(running nicely!!) and carb/manifold seperately and hopefully make more than both fitted together.

I also gave carbs a bit of a clean before fitting and the diaphrams look good.

I also understand that the SUs are a better carb but i have to try and make the best of what i got here.

Any thoughts/pointers would be great.

Thanks again.

Hi Guys,

I am again looking for a bit of advice/direction.

I have just fitted a standard rover manifold and Zenith carbs to my V8.

I just wondering how to tune them. I dont see any adjustment screws or knobs that i could fiddle with. It has a plastic housing on one side of each carb for temperature compensation. What does this do!

The Haynes that i have doesnt offer any further insight.

The engine starts first time when warm but from cold needs a bit of encouragement. Full choke isnt great. No choke w no throttle is no better. Half choke and pumping the throttle is again not foolproof. No choke is tempermental.

Once the engine is warm, although starts easily is sluggish as if too much/not enough feul.

As you can see needs a bit of fiddling. Any ideas.

I am fairly sure that the engine is in good state of tune but just needs abit of tweeking. The LR came from the uk which is quite a bit colder than were i come from and it has been my experience that mixture/jetting needs to be leaned out.

I had originally had the super duper edelbrock carb and manifold fitted and experienced none of these problems.

I know that i may have made a step backward but i hope to sell engine(running nicely!!) and carb/manifold seperately and hopefully make more than both fitted together.

I also gave carbs a bit of a clean before fitting and the diaphrams look good.

I also understand that the SUs are a better carb but i have to try and make the best of what i got here.

Any thoughts/pointers would be great.

Thanks again.

you need a carb adjuster kit and a carb balancer to check the air flow through each carb as the adjustments are do internaly on the carb check the diagphrams are ok if unsure replace any way disconnect balance linkage while tunning then adjust