Back from Fraser Island

Rolly

Hi everyone, just got back last night from Fraser and the Disco went like a dream (3000km+)

Fully loaded to the roof on the trip up and did 1080km on 106L of diesel, very happy!

I've never seen so many Troop Carriers in one place and all of them bogged, the hire companies put anywhere from 45 to 60psi in the tyres and tell the backpackers not to touch them :blink:

I even got to snatch out a Td5 with a camper-trailer on the back, he didn't want the indignity of being recovered by a Toyota or (shudder) a Datsun so I got a few free beers out of that one :)

Anyway, I'm off to have a look at what's been going on for the last few weeks.

Cheers!

I was up there last August with my brother, he was in his 90 and I was out on holiday using his wife's Disco..

I loved it up there also the weather was a little iffy last year with the big storms and as we drove onto the south of the island the mainland started to flood but we still had a grate time.

I was up there last August with my brother, he was in his 90 and I was out on holiday using his wife's Disco..

I loved it up there also the weather was a little iffy last year with the big storms and as we drove onto the south of the island the mainland started to flood but we still had a grate time.

was a good time , do it in two defenders (one with a trannie engine if all goes well :D ) next time although will go to Morton Island next time as better than Fraser more for locals :)

PICT0193.jpg

PICT0332.jpg

I did Moreton about 15 years ago when I lived in Brisbane and thought it was great, we're actually thinking of doing both Fraser and Moreton next year as we want to do a week at Sandy Cape (away from buses & back-packers) and then have the same on Moreton.

Nice pics by the way, don't see many 90's around

I did Moreton about 15 years ago when I lived in Brisbane and thought it was great, we're actually thinking of doing both Fraser and Moreton next year as we want to do a week at Sandy Cape (away from buses & back-packers) and then have the same on Moreton.

Nice pics by the way, don't see many 90's around

Nah i am lead to belive it is the only soft top defender 90 in Australia

It should be in the December Australian 4wd monthly, :):)