York Air Con Pum Help Please

istruggle2gate11

Reading a post by white90 in the technical archive regarding on board air, its time to move up from my £3.99 (with £6 of fuel) special :wacko:

From White 90....

Less common nowadays is the York type compressor. These are 2 piston reciprocating compressors and are generally of a higher output than the rotaries, and also have the benefit of a separate oil sump which can be converted to be isolated from the airflow of the compressor.

I happen to have the York type pump and room to fit it, can anybody describe how the conversion of isolating the airflow from the sump can be done please?

Thanks

Rog

Reading a post by white90 in the technical archive regarding on board air, its time to move up from my £3.99 (with £6 of fuel) special :wacko:

From White 90....

I happen to have the York type pump and room to fit it, can anybody describe how the conversion of isolating the airflow from the sump can be done please?

Thanks

Rog

Since that was a post originally written by me, I guess I should come up with the goods. :)

There is a really good article, complete with pictures showing exactly what needs to be done here

There are a few people on this forum that have now done this onboard air thing, so if you have any questions, just shout. I'm sure you'll get plenty of answers.

Paul