Help and Info needed

firemannotsam

Hi guys I need unrgent info on where to get a problem sorted away from home.

My water pump decided to die on the way to my girlfriends Last night, it looks like the bearing on the pulley has seized and it has chucked the pulley off along with the belt etc.

Luckily I was not to far from my girlfriends and she popped out and towed me to hers.

The problem is that I am in lincolnshire and away from my tools in the garage and need to fix it in the next couple days with minimal tools and need to get the parts as cheaply as possible.

So I need some info, firstly what basic tools do I need to remove the old water pump and renew. Is it just a basic socket set needed to remove the bolts and is there anything I need to be wary off.

Does anyone know of anywhere local that I could get a water pump complete with pulley in good condition without paying silly new prices. I know Rimmer Bros is nearby but obviously I dont want to pay £EEEK new prices if I can help it.

I think the parts I need are;

Water pump including pulley

Serpentine belt

Water pump gasket

Anti freeze

Threadlock for bolts going back in.

Instant gasket for seating gasket

My vehicle is a 1998 3.9V8 EFI Discovery 1. I am in sleaford at the moment.

Any info and help would be most appreciated as I'm stuck at my girlfriends untill I get it fixed and need it fixed by friday.

Thanks in advance guys.

Update on this guys, I have ordered all the parts from Rimmer bros as they are only up the road and after speaking to them I discovered they had a pattern part water pump which was over £100 cheaper than the LR one!

All the stuff can be picked up by my Girlfriend later today apart from the new drive pulley for the pump which will take 2 days to get here.

Just one question really left and that is how important is tourqeing the bolts up correctly as I don't have access to a tourque wrench at my girlfriends but dont want to buy one as I have one at home - would it be ok to to just tighten to the same feel as when I took it off and tourge properly when I get home?

thanks