speed transducer

benbenukuk

I have just got a new speed transducer with both cable's, only this one doesn't have the plug on the end of the power wires, one is coloured green the other is yellow where can I connect them? I can't use the orignal plug as it isn't connected and I don't know where it plugs in to, it's a 1989 rrc. cheers. Ben

The green wire gose to an ignition live and the yellow wire gose to the ECU pin6 but these wire should already be in if your using Lucas 14CUX (Hotwire) injection.

It dosen't mater which way around you connect the transducer as far as I know, it just gives 6 pulses per rev of the speedo cable.

Hope this helps

Mark

The green wire gose to an ignition live and the yellow wire gose to the ECU pin6 but these wire should already be in if your using Lucas 14CUX (Hotwire) injection.

It dosen't mater which way around you connect the transducer as far as I know, it just gives 6 pulses per rev of the speedo cable.

Hope this helps

Mark

cheers for the reply, it does have hotwire but when I brought it the speedo didn't work, so I replaced the speedo binnacle which hasn't sorted it then I found out that the transducer wasn't connected for power/ecu as it already has hotwire I will assume that the wires are still there, where would a good place to look be? Ben

Hello,

please could you make photo of that transducer? Is there more types? I have also 3.5V8 with hotwire EFI, but i don't have in my setup speed transducer. Speedo cable is going directly from gearbox to binnacle. I would like to add speed transducer to my setup as i am going to change whole engine to 3.9 with 14CUX ecu etc.

thanks

The system on my 3.5V8i came from a late 3.5 disco why it was 3.5 and not 3.9 I dont know. the seep transducer on mine is in the speedo cable so the head is a normal mechanical one not electronic. The transducer on mine tells the ECU that the vehical is moving and so takes it off the idel map and onto one of the road maps, the old system is not so dum isit.

The engines will run ok with out that input but it just stays and runs on the idel map.

Hello,

please could you make photo of that transducer? Is there more types? I have also 3.5V8 with hotwire EFI, but i don't have in my setup speed transducer. Speedo cable is going directly from gearbox to binnacle. I would like to add speed transducer to my setup as i am going to change whole engine to 3.9 with 14CUX ecu etc.

thanks

Here is the photo of the transducer, I didn't use the longer grey/silver cable all I used was the short brown one that went into the back of the transferbox, cheers. Ben 9065_1.JPG

This is what i need. do you know part no. of it, or where can i get one?

thanks

Here is the part number,

speed transducer: PRC5956

you could try eBay thats where I got mine from only thing is, or you can give your local Land Rover dealer a call. Ben

Just found this link http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LAND-RANGE-ROVER-EFI...id=p3286.c0.m14 only thing is you don't know if it workd untill you try it